The rotation is structured around 15 clinical work days:
- Orientation Day: held on the first of each month; includes an introductory Procedure Shift.
- 13 clinical shifts in the Emergency Department (which must be completed during the month block)
- EMS ride along
There are also Educational Experiences throughout the month:
- Resident Conferences: every Wednesday from 9am-1pm; attendance and participation is expected
- Simulation Session: a single session of a small group taken through a simulation case that varies based on the month
- Resident Lecture: a single student-focused lecture or hands on procedure lab, guided by one of our senior residents
- Ultrasound Conference: a monthly didactic and hands on learning session specifically focused toward students and emergency medicine use of ultrasound
- Director’s Rounds: each student must present a case seen during their rotation. This is an informal group discussion and teaching session.